Our Disaster Response Programs are targeted to mental health counselors and first responders to improve their skills and abilities in psychological first aid.
Programs combine online & distance studies and workshops. They provide mental health professionals with the knowledge and skills to respond to the mental health needs of individuals, their families and other personnel involved in the immediate aftermath of disasters and other emergencies. Each program is tailored for the client organization to ensure desired impact and maximized benefits.
For example the following topics/modules can be included in the program:
- Understanding Trauma
- Responding to Crisis
- Supporting first responders
- Supporting Counsellors
- Planning and Communications
- Natural disasters – key dimensions and strategy
- Human disasters – key dimensions and strategy
- Working as a team
- Supporting teams and linkage
- Vicarious trauma & self-care